INTRODUCING THE TEAM BEHIND WMC SCHOOLS
The Power of Teamwork
The “Collaborative” or West Michigan Christian Schools (WMCS), is a non-profit organization formed in 2012 with the goal of creating a seamless, exemplary preschool through high school Christian educational experience for local families. Together, FCS, GHC, NEC, MCS, and WMC provide excellent Christian education rooted in the Gospel to all who desire it. This “better together” teamwork is personified by a growing staff that works behind the scenes to help fulfill the goal and mission of WMCS while adding a professional level of support to each school.
Get to Know the “Better Together” Collaborative Staff
- Standardizing financial statement formats and budgeting to facilitate best practices through revenue and expense metric comparisons between schools.
- Centralizing payroll and financial statement accounting with one person for the elementary schools.
- Converting accounting software to Quick Books Online. Implementing stronger financial internal controls and providing Principals with direct report access.
- Implementing a Simple IRA Plan for employees. Effective January 1, 2020, and replacing the discontinued CSI Pension Plans.
- Manages day-to-day store operations, volunteer and staff, and marketing
- Editor of the ShopDibsOnResale.com blog and the monthly volunteer e-newsletter
- Compiles monthly and annual financial sales reports for the WMCS Collaborative Board
- Perform bookkeeping duties for WMCS
- Develop the QuickBooks Online bookkeeping system for WMCS and schools
- Issue accounts payable checks, payroll, taxes, monthly and quarterly tax reports
- Support GHC, MCS, FCS with bookkeeping/accounting procedures
- Define best practices for marketing and communications for all schools
- Devise and execute WMCS enrollment marketing campaigns
- Editor of the WMCS “Faith Matters” Newsletter/e-newsletter and WMCS “The Voice” blog
- Social Marketing/Marketing/Communications/Branding for support for schools, DIBS! and B2
- Develop and support new WordPress websites and blogs for the schools and WMCS
- Create and oversee implementation of Educational Support Plans, Accommodation Plans and Behavior Intervention Plans for students with diverse learning needs
- Partner with the public school districts and counties to utilize necessary services and programming
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to ensure proper intervention in place for struggling learners
- Oversee teams of paraprofessionals at each school to ensure research-based intervention
- Prepare meeting agendas for the WMCS Collaborative Board
- Make sure all legal requirements are satisfied (tax-exempt status, annual reporting…)
- Evaluate WMCS staff along with the assistance of the other principals
- Facilitate the meeting agenda of the Principal PLC meetings
- Call meetings of the Development staff for the schools to coordinate calendars and share ideas.
- Work with the manager of DIBS! and representatives from B2 to coordinate re-tail fundraising efforts.
- Partner with the Center for the Advancement of Christian Education (CACE) to implement the TfT framework of learning for WMCS
- Train and coach (both individually and as a whole) teachers in the Teaching for Transformation framework of learning
- Oversee the growth and alignment of K-8 curriculum throughout the collaborative schools